FCO Travel Advice for - AustraliaBack to the list of countries | Original FCO Article
- Over 640,000 British nationals visit Australia every year. Most visits are trouble–free. See Consular assistance statistics.
- Australia is a vast country. You should plan journeys carefully, particularly if you're travelling to remote areas, bushwalking or going swimming. See Local travel
- You will need to get a visa before you travel. See Entry requirements
- Beware of scam adverts claiming to help you extend a working holiday visa. Several British nationals have had their visas cancelled as a result. See Entry Requirements.
- Australia is prone to seasonal natural disasters including tropical cyclones, flash flooding, dust storms and bushfires (forest fires). See Natural Disasters.
- There is an underlying threat from terrorism. See Terrorism
- Take out comprehensive travel and medical insurance before you travel.
Popular checklists for Norfolk Island: