FCO Travel Advice for - LiberiaBack to the list of countries
| Original FCO Article
- The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all but essential travel to Grand Gedeh and River Gee counties where there have been reports of armed groups living in areas bordering Côte d’Ivoire. See Local travel.
- Avoid travelling at night outside Monrovia, except to or from Roberts International Airport. Make sure you have pre-arranged transport from the airport. See Crime and Road Travel.
- There is no British Embassy in Liberia. The Honorary Consul in Monrovia can offer only limited consular assistance. See Consular assistance.
- There is a low threat from terrorism. See Terrorism.
- You should take out comprehensive travel and medical insurance before you travel.
Popular checklists for Liberia: